Few Qustions and Answer on Amateur Radio
In response of my article “ Amateur Radio: Hobby,Technical Investigation and Public Service “ I got very good questions in comments .My friend Anuj answered all those question very nicely. These question are very important and frequently asked by those who are not aware of Amateur radio technologies. So here I am posting those questions and answer by Anuj as main post, so all can benefits from it.
Question: (asked by Mr. Vnod)
It was awesome to read your style to write a blog.First of all thanks for letting me know what HAM is.
There are few pointers coming in my mind on the same context :
- 1)As you are describing it is the only best communicating way in emergencies, can you think and elaborate how it will be useful while plane crashes and every communication line will fail to establish proper connection from pilot to airport control room and vice versa ? After all the HAM station will also be destroyed after plane crashes, but can it help out for a while so that immediately safety actions could be taken place and at least few passengers could be saved ? I am thinking too on this.
- 2) What do you think about Amitabh Bachchan and Sonia Gandhi what they would talk on and to whom ?
- 3) What type of radio frequency is getting transmitted by this device that it can bounce at moon ? My concern is which technology boosts so much power to generate this type of wave ?
- 4) Is it possible to use this HAM to operate a ROBOT remotely ?
Here is the solution for you…..
Ham Radio or Amateur Radio is term generated from the people those who are fabricating electronic circuit and operating them on Radio Frequencies range… These people are doing experiment for to enhance RF communication system.. for to avail frequencies for that people ITU[International Telecommunication Union] allocated certain frequency band for them from Wireless Spectrum… Means these frequency are allocated to those people… who minimum have basic knowledge of How Wireless communication System works…. and can proceed their experiments without causing the interference to ISM[industrial Scientific and Medicine] band. As Global population is 8Billion, if 2% of total population have interest on doing experiment on wireless communication sys… They can easily able to create a group…. and stars communicate to each other globally. In short it a very strong open source communication system by which you can not only communicate with globe but also with many globes,and Galaxies. you have only to do that to follow the ITU rules and regulation.
Some Basic Facts about Amateur Radio Communication System:-
1. Morse code is the only code which revolutionized the world & started the era.. Code Named:- Era of communication.
Some facts about Morse code:-
* it Can’t be jammed.
*it is a noise. which we are interpreting as communication signal.
* you can send it very easily over draining very little power. There are total 3million ham operator who can respond your distress call.
*Distress call have priority over all call… any amateur radio operator can contact any one throw any means of communication to fetch the help for that distress call…. As Titanic when sunk sent a three Distress message to neighbor ship.
On April 14, 1912, the day of the Titanic disaster, ice warnings were telegraphed to the ship by the British steamers Baltic and California.
-> Apr 28, 1912 – I GOT the Titanic’s “CQD” call at 11:20 o’clock, New York time, on last Sunday night. It was this: “Come at once. We have struck a berg. It’s a ‘CQD’ call, old man.” This story by the Carpathia’s wireless operator who caught the Titanic’s cry for help appeared in The New York Times
2. How to hook and cook the wireless message for wireless network’s. the training is given to all the pilots, Naval staff,Astronauts,unmanned spacecraft or autonomous system, top security guys etc.
Now the answer of your queries:
1. All pilots have wireless telegraphy license… if any emergencies occur they send the message either as wireless telephony or as telegraphy.
You can destroy all the communication system as you think… but here you have a communication by which you can tune over any frequency… the government is saying to operate on defined frequency band… but during calamities who is saying to follow the rules… the rules are build up for to not interfere the surrounding RF system for long time… as you think more after that you are able to know why rules governed to run the Ham RF sys.
At last You can communicate with any one whom you want… no one can trace over such complex wireless network but not as daily routine.. because you will be catches up by applying the Tactics “FOX Hunting”.
2.-> Amitabh Bachchan and Sonia Gandhi is related to Amateur world because before Pursuing the job in Acting Mr. Bachchan want to become a Radio operator as he was failed in that what he want to become and you got the BUG Amitabh Bachchan.
-> Sonia Gandhi’s Husband Late.Mr Rajiv Gandhi is a Ham Operator and a Pilot… Late.Mr Rajiv Gandhi Established a Institute in India to Promote the charm of ham world Code named “National Institute Of Amateur Radio.[http://niar.org]. I think you have known the secret.
3.All amateur frequency bands from 50 MHz to 47 GHz have been used successfully, but most EME communications are on the 2 meter, 70-centimeter, or 23-centimeter bands. Common modulation modes utilized by amateurs are continuous wave with Morse Code, digital (JT65) and when the link budgets allow, voice.
Microwave have very high frequency range and it can be easily reflected back from water vapour present in the atmosphere to any natural big mass…….. The Idea behind the moon bounce Earth communication is simple… as all rf frequency get reflect and absorb by the object or dielectric around them… you will be more familiar with the FM RF wave which reflect back from the ionosphere.. and strength of received signal depend on the state of ionosphere and dissipated power over signal…. same technique work here in moon bounce rf communication system… here Moon’s surface is used as the reflecting medium as in FM signal ionosphere is used… Microwave with directed radiative antenna like yagi-uda antenna is used to position the moon surface and the reflected back signal is received on the other side of the globe… this technology is used by the American army during world war-ll…and after world war ll during Apollo-11 Moon Mission. the great efficiency of technique is that the radio signal only travel in beam directed form towards the moon so it is not remaining in our atmosphere large part to travel towards its destination and it can’t be traced easily so the communication is more secured.
4. yes… it is not only possible to control Robots using Ham Radio frequency but also possible to Know the exact location in terms of Longitude and latitude coordinates of Any wireless system… one of the Most Famous Unmanned Spacecraft is of NASA famously known ”Voyager” is the first Spacecraft to enter interstellar space – the space between the stars. The spacecraft is out of our solar system. The Distance between Voyager and Earth is 17bn km. What do think how it is controlled? They are using this simple communication system overriding it in complex way to get a communication link between Voyager and The Command & Control Center on Earth.
Above is everything which can fulfill your curiosity.
Question: (asked by Mr. Nirmal)
It was nice to know about this technology but at the same time it upset that it is not latest,we are lagging to this technology.
Ham is the latest because the license is issued to those people who want to make further research or experiment in Wireless communication system that’s why ITU allocated the bandwidth from the wireless spectrum to iron out the problem of interference… for example I am fabricating an electronic circuit and it generates RF signal i don’t have frequency meter nor have signal strength analyzer… unfortunately same frequency is used by a ATC[Air traffic control] hence the frequency will suffer from the interference and cause the pilot to suffer from communication bleak-out and my result out in a catastrophic failure. so to ironed out these problem the ITU made rule which can be applied to anyone who is falling under the category of HAM. If exponentially there will be increase in HAM operator then in the future there will be no more frequency for experimental purpose… Its ITU job how they will respond over the frequency shortage.
The latest technology SDR[Software Defined Radio] is in the wing of Ham World sooner after getting clearance from FCC and ITU it will be available in the ISM band… and you will find Freedom of frequency and Freedom from the carrying traditional Radio system[like cellphone,Walkie-talkie, Sat-Radio,Radar] means a single SDR will replace all this. Because a single GUI have options in which mode you want to operate your Digital radio. It will give you the communication freedom. That is the thing of importance.
HAM operator are living the tomorrow’s Era of Communication.. They are living in the world where there is slogan: “Making Tomorrows happening Today”. . the common people living same era of communication after decades of tomorrow when an Investor or business people think they can make money from that decade old technology and after that they are standing in the Que for getting the FCC,ITU clearance for ISM Band… and making the policies for that technology.
Here You have freedom…….. Where sky is not the limit… Galaxies, Distant planetary system comes under your sys… if you have made communication with distant galaxies it may be possible that after 2 or 3 decades your descendant will receive the message.
If you still have question related on amateur radio, please ask here in comment box. I’ll try to answer them all.